- To proudly represent the Croatian Nation at international tournaments and events;
- To increase the quality of domestic players participating in Croatian National Team events, by providing coaching, instruction, support, training, encouragement and the opportunity for domestic players to become better players; and
- To contribute to an increase in the number of lacrosse players in Croatia – men and women of all ages by generating greater awareness of lacrosse among Croatians
To be considered for a Croatian National Lacrosse Team, all players are expected to:
- Meet the European Lacrosse Federation (ELF) or World Lacrosse (WL) eligibility requirements;
- Meet the National Team’s Player Requirements;
- Participate in at least one National Team training camp; and
- Host a fundraiser and/or equipment drive, and/or complete volunteer hours within the CLA
Any roster for an ELF or WL event shall have at least 85% of the roster qualifying through the possession of a Croatian passport. At most, 15% of the roster players can qualify through heritage (see explanation below).
For example, in the case of the men’s field game with a 23-man roster, the roster will be comprised of at least 19 passport holders and at most 4 Heritage players (non-passport holders).
To be eligible for one of the limited number of heritage/non-passport holder spots, players must have at least one parent or grandparent who was born in Croatia. The heritage player must be able to provide the required documentation of this heritage.
In considering individual players for selection to a Croatian National Lacrosse Team, Croatia Lacrosse will consider all of the following factors:
- Lacrosse skill
- Lacrosse ‘Game IQ’
- Participation in prior events
- Commitment to the mission of Croatia Lacrosse